Many elements make up a good garden. There so are many aspects that can be maximised to create a great outdoor space that it can be difficult to know where to start. It’s often best to focus on one or two areas at a time while keeping a broad plan in mind.
Getting the help of professional garden maintenance in Wimbledon, like Town and Country Gardens, can be really helpful as there can be a lot to learn in each area. Even an area that seems as simple as fencing can entail a number of decisions and techniques to really get the most out of it.
Types of fencing
Depending on the type of look a client wants in their outdoor space, a firm offering garden maintenance in Wimbledon might be able to show them a variety of different types of fencing. These can be divided up by the type of material they are made out of. Each type of fencing has a unique look and appropriate use. Here are just a few examples of the many options that are commonly available:
• Shiplap panelling – perhaps one of the most common fencing solutions. This is because it is good value for money, sturdy and relatively easy to maintain;
• Willow screens – these screens, made out of very thin willow branches, offer a different, contemporary look for the garden. A similar effect can be achieved with bamboo for a more oriental feel;
• Plants – hedges and trees can both be trained to provide a natural, leafy fencing option. Garden maintenance in Wimbledon can then maintain this type of border and shape it for years to come.
Putting a fence around the outside of a garden or between neighbours is the most obvious use. However, there are other ways to utilise fencing that are both practical and aesthetically pleasing.
• A windbreak – someone can create artificial areas of shelter in the garden so that they can grow more delicate plants or perhaps have a hidden patio area for a feeling of intimacy;
• Safety – having young children or animals can put some people off installing a water feature or a flowerbed that contains rare plants. Good fencing can make ideas like this a possibility again.